Ceciir is a Turkish word that has no English translation. To understand the true meaning of the Ceciir word one should explore it’s meaning in depth. The has 4 different meanings depending upon its usage.
- A famous dish in Turkey.
- Wallet or purse
- To make most of your time.
- The Traditional Headscarf used by Somali women
Ceciir: A famous dish in Turkey
Ceciir is a combination of the çiçek and ir. The meaning of Cicek is flower and ir is stew. Ceciir is a delicious dish famous in Turkey, Iran, and other regions of the Middle East.
The dish is made up of chickpeas, Meat, lemon juice, olive oil, onions, tomatoes, garlic, Spices (cumin, coriander, paprika & black pepper), and parsley.
This savory dish is usually spread on bread or sandwiches. It is also used as a dip for crackers, fresh veggies, and bread. CeiCiir is the perfect meal in the winter season.
How to make Ceciir:
- Soak the chickpeas in room temperature water for 12 hours or overnight.
- After 12 hours, take out chickpeas from water and place it in large bowl.
- Mix onions, tomatoes, garlic and other species in the bowl.
- Put some water in mixture and boil it.
- Reduce the flame steer the mixture for 90 minutes.
- Check if the chickpeas are tender. If not then steer the mixture for couple of minutes.
- Turn off gas flame and garnish the dish parsley.
- Served hot for best taste.
The Health Benefits of the Ceciir dish are given below.
- It reduces the risk of chronic diseases.
- Ceciir is good source of protein, fibre and vitamins.
- Ceciir supports digestive health
- Helps with weight management.
Ceciir: Wallet or Purse
In daily life, the Turkish people used Ceciir for their wallets and bags. The Ceciir represents all kinds of bags including longer chained bags, smaller coin bags, suitcases, men’s pocket wallets, tourist bags, women’s clutch wallets, etc. If anyone needs to visit Turkey then the person should be aware of the meaning of the word Ceciir.
Ceciir: To make most of your time
Ceciir is the philosophy of using your time more wisely and intentionally. Users can practice Ceciir by meditation or reflection. User can any of the method to practice Ceciir but it is very essential to be mindful to utilise your time in the meaningful manner.
Ceciir: Traditional headscarf
Ceciir is also known as traditional headscarf wear by the Somali women. It is the symbol of tradition and empathy. The Somali weddings are incomplete without the Ceciir. Wearing ceciir denotes the women’s modesty and faith. There are many creative ways to wrapped Ceciir on head, neck and shoulders
Each meaning of the Ceciir word has deep cultural and historical context. We hope you gained new vocabulary knowledge for the Turkish word Ceciir.