Background check APIs remove the friction between the screening service provider and your company to create a smooth, seamless, fully integrated background check process. Choosing a screening partner that offers your developers access to an API gives you a number of distinct advantages.
What is a Background Check API?
What is an API?
API stands for application programming interface. An API is a predefined set of functions that allows one application to interact with and access data from a separate external system. An API is a bit like a messenger; it relays an information request from one site to another site and then returns the requested info the same way.
We interact with APIs every single day. Examples include the following:
- When you visit a travel website, an API relays your request for flight information to the websites of different airlines and then returns all the possible choices to the travel site so you can view them in one place.
- When you are searching for a restaurant, an API displays a map to the location as well as business hours, phone numbers, and even the menu.
- When you are standing in an endless line, you check your social media feed for the latest sports scores. APIs let you see your favorites in your feed and relay your smack talk to friends.
How do APIs improve background checks?
A background check API allows companies to seamlessly integrate existing background screening functions into their systems. With the help of an API, you can access predefined search packages as well as compliance documents and other background check features without any additional development. Requesting a fully compliant, fast, reliable background check with the help of an API is as simple as finding a map to a new restaurant from your phone.
Background check APIs provide the following benefits:
- Access to the searches you need. APIs can run predefined search packages or they can be customized to run searches specific to your needs.
- Facilitate progressive screening. With APIs, you can run key checks first and before continuing to dig deeper with secondary searches.
- Stay compliant. Compliance is a key concern. As federal, state and local laws and regulations change, your screening partner updates the background check process and the API gives you immediate access to the most current information.
Don’t Reinvent the Wheel
There’s no need to reinvent the wheel; choose a background check service provider that offers API integration services. API is a powerful tool that can help your business run the background checks you need for safe and responsible hiring.