2.1 C
New York
Saturday, Jan 28, 2023
Image default
General News

The Best Postage Stamps You Can Buy

Many people like to collect unique and rare postage stamps. If you are one of them, you have come to the right place.

Almost 99% of stamps issued are not worthy of investing. It’s the remaining 1% that every stamp collector gets excited about.

The hobby of collecting stamps is known as philately and it is a lucrative pastime. If you are looking forward to adding some new postage stamps to your collection, go to the list given below.

  1. British Guiana 1c Magenta, 1856

This is considered the rarest postage stamp in the world. It was issued in 1856 by the British Guiana post office for use in newspaper circulation. After a shipment of the stamps went missing, an emergency batch was produced as a stop-gap measure. The single surviving copy was found by a young boy in 1873. He sold it for six shillings which became known as the most valuable stamp in the world.

  1. The Sicilian Error of Colour, 1859

The remarkable thing about this stamp is how well-preserved it is. Unlike other stamps that were produced in the 1800s, The Sicilian Error of Colour didn’t wear down. It features the side profile of a man printed in yellow. At present, there exist only two copies of this stamp.

  1. Penny Black – 1840

This is another investment-worthy postal stamp. The world’s first adhesive stamps were used in May 1840. Those stamps were issued in the UK and feature Queen Victoria. In modern times, this stamp is known as Penny Black. It has got its name due to the black color of the stamp.

  1. German Inflation Stamps – 1923

In the 1920s, Germany experienced hyperinflation that crippled its currency. During times of growing financial crisis, the government started printing more money to fix the situation. But this led to an increase in the price of products. By the early 1920s, people lost hope in the German government. The situation got so bad that postage stamps of 1 trillion were also not enough to write a letter. Due to the historical value of the German Inflation stamps, they are worth investing in.

Collecting stamps is a hobby for many. If you want to add to your collection, look into these stamps. Despite the high prices of rare stamps, a true collector will always find a way to get them in their possession.

Related posts

DEVAN CHRISTOPHER ANDERSON IS SO COOL & AWESOME: Life With Devan Christopher Anderson Bio, Golden Net-worth, Facts, & legendary Careers

VWB Blog

How to Choose the Right Kayak for Your Next Fishing Trip

VWB Blog

The Famous Life Of Devan Christopher Anderson & God’s Heavenly Love

VWB Blog