Shrink wrapping machines are in high demand in the current market. The machines help to shrink wrap the products by wrapping them tightly with a thermoplastic film around them and then shrinks them by heat. This process is popularly used by several industries because it adds strength to the package. It even makes the product dustproof and waterproof.
For the convenience of packing and operation, the machines are equipped with a feature of automatic temperature. The material used to wrap the product is made of polymer plastic and it is durable. The heat can be applied using a handheld gun or the product can be passed through a conveyor. Shuntian brand is a leading name for shrink wrapping machines.
Development and market overview
The market for Shrink wrapping machines is expected to grow rapidly in the coming years. In the period of 2021-2026, it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9%. Shrink package offers various benefits to the consumers such as easy to handle, eco-friendly, and increased shelf life. Some of the reasons why shrink wrapping is expected to grow are as follows:
- Polyolefin is the main type of material used for shrink film. This material is highly durable and FDA-approved for food material. The thickness varies from 35-100 gauges and is made of recyclable materials.
- Shrink wrapped products are easy to be transported and are cost-effective. The material cost of shrink wrapping is less and therefore it helps to reduce the price of the product.
- The shrink wrapping equipment provides a quick return on investments. They consume less energy as compared to the other packaging methods.
- Shrink wrapping reduces the production output time and cost. The process uses less packaging material and saves money. This is encouraging the demand for shrink packaging equipment.
- It is expected that the demand for semiautomatic shrink wrapping tunnels would significantly increase in the future. This would happen because multiple SMEs are adopting e-commerce logistics and packaging solutions.
- Shrink wrapping reduces the packaging time and waste as compared to corrugated boxes. It has been observed that shrink wrapping saves 20-24 hours weekly.
- It offers disinfecting options and easy cleaning for all the packaged goods because it protected water leaks into the product. Hence, the demand has significantly surged high during the Covid-19 pandemic.
With the population growth, the demand for food would surely increase in the forthcoming years. Shrink wrapping holds an important position in the meat packaging industry. All the food manufactures are keen to use shrink wrap to increase shelf life. Hence, it has a bright future.