Whether you operate in the retail or finance industry, there are several reasons to hire a security guard. Security professionals keep all personnel and visitors in a business safe.
They also increase buyer confidence for particular goods and services. If you’re considering hiring a security guard for your business, you may be wondering what are the security guard prices in your area. Most importantly, you’ll need to know what factors can influence the final price tag of these services.
In this article, you’ll learn about how much hiring a security guard can cost and how you get the best deal for your business.
Standard Security Guard Costs
Hiring a security is more affordable than you think. If you take the traditional route and hire a security guard internally, you can expect to pay anywhere between $12 to $14 an hour. These hourly rates can increase to as much as $18 for more experienced security personnel.
However, these costs can change if you decide to hire a team of security professionals. The standard hourly cost for security companies are between $35 and $50 an hour. Depending on their level of experience, resources, and skill, you can spend as much as $100 an hour.
Signs You Should Hire a Security Guard
Now that you know how much hiring a security guard costs, it’s time to make the decision on whether or not you should make a decision. Here are the signs that you should hire a security guard company for your business:
- Your staff and customers are scared to walk in your parking lot at night.
- Your business is located in an area with a high crime rate.
- You know for certain your business is a victim of retail theft.
- You’re deeply concerned about liability and safety issues.
- You have record keeping concerns.
- You serve alcohol on the premesis.
- You need help in emergency situations.
Hiring a security guard can make the difference in keeping people safe in your business and protecting your profits. Don’t delay making a hiring decision if you are noticing any of these signs.
Should You Hire a Security Guard or Company?
If you have decided you need security services, you’ll need to make the decision about whether or not to hire a security guard or company.
There are obvious benefits of hiring a security guard company over making an in-house hiring decision, such as:
- You don’t have to pay out-of-pocket healthcare expenses and other benefits.
- You can avoid making a security guard company employees of your own business.
- You can terminate your contract any time you please.
- You can negotiate a fair rate whenever you choose.
- A security guard company has more resources and trained staff to help you in a time of need.
- There is no onboarding process when hiring a security guard company.
Hire Top-Notch Security Professionals Today!
All in all, hiring a security guard company may be your best bet if you want to save money in the long run. If you want to learn more about how to hire a security guard, contact us today at Smartsecuritypros.com for more information.