What is a dab? You’d be forgiven for thinking it was a dancing fad from 2014 where people do a move like they’re sneezing into their elbow. No, the type of dab we’re talking about is one of the coolest ways to smoke cannabis.
Dabbing is an exciting world to explore for seasoned marijuana enthusiasts and beginners alike. But even if you have some familiarity with the practice, you may be surprised to learn that there are many types of dabs.
If you’re interested in trying this fascinating take on enjoying THC, then look no further. Read on for a guide on the different types of dabs, and how to dab.
What Is a Dab?
Dabbing involves using a dab rig, which heats cannabis concentrates to 400-600 degrees, allowing you to smoke them. Dabs are very similar in structure to bongs but operate by an entirely different principle. Instead of lighting the hashish and pulling on it, you torch a nail to heat the contents.
You can’t modify a bong to dab. You’ll need to find electronic dab rigs for sale.
Types of Concentrates
Dabs give you a potent high since they contain concentrated cannabinoids such as THC and CBD. This concentrate often comes in the form of wax. Types of wax dabs differ in their concentration, consistency, and flavor.
You shouldn’t use any dab that has a basis of hashish or kief, since there’s too much plant matter. Tinctures aren’t ideal since alcohol burns when heated.
Some types of wax dabs include:
- Wax: a catch-all term for dab wax, which can also be added to other smoke methods for extra potency
- Budder: a more expensive wax that is very clean and potent
- Sugar wax: wax that has a crystalline structure, giving it a wet and sticky appearance
- Crumble: a cheaper alternative to sugar or budder, known for falling apart easily
The list of dabs is very long, but these are some of the most popular. As you practice dabbing, you can expand out to try new kinds of wax.
How to Smoke a Dab
Dabbing shares a lot in common with smoking a bong, but there are a few extra steps unique to it.
- Load the chamber with water
- Remove the dome and season the nail
- Get your dab concentrate ready on the dab tool
- Torch the nail until it gets nice and hot, then wait a few seconds
- Once the nail is under 365 degrees F, replace the dome and then swirl the dab tool over the nail as you inhale
- Only hit once as a first-timer to get a feel for the potency before you try another hit
Try Dabbing Today
If you want a unique, more potent form of THC consumption, then try dabbing. There are a lot of types of dabs to experiment with. You won’t have to deal with ashen plant matter sending you into a coughing fit, and you’ll look cool while doing it.
Follow our blog for more tips on vaping.